Jeremy . Specialist Writer
Proofing, Case Studies, Proposal, Tone of Voice, Internal Comms.
I'm a business writer with over 25 years' experience helping organisations and firms communicate clearly with customers and staff. The benefits of communicating more clearly and powerfully are a better market share and improved morale. There are various levels on which better communications pay dividend:
- Defining and building your brand personality
- Marketing products and services
- Motivating and focusing staff
A common response to the idea of hiring a specialist business writer is that of course everyone in business can write so why ask someone else to help with it? The first reason is perspective - an outside consultant can see your business as a customer would and therefore help you focus on what matters to them. The second is that it is increasingly difficult to get attention and keep it long enough to make your point. A professional business writer will know how to use language in a way that grabs attention and holds it. So what can I help you with?
- Brand language and tone of voice - I work with businesses and firms to identify and express what makes them special
- Website writing - web sites need to reflect the journey that the visitor wants to make and that means structuring and presenting the information in the right way
- Case studies - when they are told as compelling 'true stories' these are increasingly powerful marketing tools.
- Newsletters - often sent as e-zines now. Again strong, customer benefit-led stories can build loyalty and sell services
- Product brochures and letters - again it is important here to balance technical accuracy with the key selling points that matter to customers
- Training staff to write press releases, e-zines, case studies and more.
I work in both the UK and New Zealand with businesses including financial services, law, accounting, Government agencies, technology and business information services, environmental organisations and many more. My key strengths are that I have been a journalist, publisher and business owner-manager, understand management issues and having trained as a lawyer, understand the culture of professional firms too.